nsegre

Vetala versions building controls different.

In the past, I noticed that the only version of vetala I could get to build the ik-arm and ik-leg with mirrored controls was Vetala 0.3.2.1.
I am now working with Vetala 0.3.2.3 with an exact duplicate of my work file and the controls build without mirroring. The code is exactly the same, but I get different results with the control build.

For example
version 0.3.2.1 builds the ARM_BTM controls "follow_xform_CNT_ARM_BTM_1_R" group with rotateX : 177.63. Giving the wrists a mirrored rotation.
version 0.3.2.3 (and other some other versions) builds the ARM_BTM controls "follow_xform_CNT_ARM_BTM_1_R" group with rotateX : -2.37. which prevent the controls from mirroring.

Is there a setting in Vetala I do not know about that controls this?

I have attached images to show you.

Please help me!
Nathan S
Attachments
non_mirror_Sample.PNG
non_mirror_Sample.PNG (241.93 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
mirrored sample.PNG
mirrored sample.PNG (224.76 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
controlGroup_comparison.PNG
controlGroup_comparison.PNG (792.09 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
louisVottero
Site Admin

Re: Vetala versions building controls different.

Thank you for bringing this up.

If you need the mirrored rotation on the main ik controls then you could add this line around line 22 in the rig_ik_arm.py code:

Code: Select all

rig.set_right_side_fix(False)

However...

If I remember correctly, some animators told me they preferred the translate of the ik to move in the same direction and were willing to sacrifice the rotate.
Currently its setup so that translation will move in the same direction on the main ik controls for L and R. However the FK rotation will still be mirrored and the main ik sub controls have mirrored rotation, as you can see in the image below:
sub_rotates_mirrored_in_ik.png
sub_rotates_mirrored_in_ik.png (29.96 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
nsegre

Re: Vetala versions building controls different.

That fixed it. Huge save!

Thank you very much!

Return to “Help”