alynch

Correctives: Can we maintain corrective while using translate?

Its been a while since I've used the corrective workflow, but i think i remember there being a way to maintain some of the deformation when translating the joint. (or so i think )

Right now when I rotate the control to the set position, it activates the corrective. But when I use the translates to reposition the control, the deformation gets lost almost immediately. Is there a way to maintain the corrective a bit better, instead of having it revert back to just the skinning?

Thanks
louisVottero
Site Admin

Re: Correctives: Can we maintain corrective while using translate?

Just playing around with it tonight. In the options for the cone poses there is a Max Distance setting.

If you change the max distance than the pose will remain on longer when translating.

I tried it with a 90 degree rotation on a simple joint the skins a sphere. With a Max Distance of one the corrective turns off quickly. With a Max Distance of 10 it turns off much slower
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (9.31 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
louisVottero
Site Admin

Re: Correctives: Can we maintain corrective while using translate?

If you are driving the pose by an angle, like a rotation of 90 degrees, you can set Max Distance to something like 1000.
Your pose will not change much when translated and still turn off 100% when the angle is at 0.

Return to “Help”