agustin

Script editor not loading code in vetala.

Hi all,

Snowball studios has been using vetala beta 0.3.001 in maya 2019. Recently they just switched to Maya 2020.4. But, they keep using velala 0.3.001.

When loading a character full setup in this vetala version but using maya 2020.4 and double clicking a code name from the tree list, vetala's script editor doesn't show.

The error I get is:

# File "C:\Users\agustinl\frost\0.61.661\sm01\maya\2020\python\Vetala\vtool\qt_ui.py", line 4439, in __init__
# self.string_model =qt.QStringListModel(self.model_strings, self)
# AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'QStringListModel'

I am guesing that this is likely a vetala version issue as we are using a very old one. What I want to find out is which one is the vetala version that got this fixed and update the studio verson of vetala ONLY TO THAT WORKING VERSION AND NOT TO THE LATEST ONE

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Agustin Loreto
louisVottero
Site Admin

Re: Script editor not loading code in vetala.

Sorry for the late reply

The latest Vetala works with Maya 2020 really well, and has a bunch of other fixes.

Vetala Beta 0.4.7.8

I will also be releasing a new version soon that is working with Python 3 and Maya 2022.
It has some other features as well
louisVottero
Site Admin

Re: Script editor not loading code in vetala.

I think the first version to be working really well with Maya 2020 is Vetala Beta 0.3.6.7
However I'm not sure what bugs were present in this release. Hopefully there isn't anything show stopping

Return to “Help”